GPF – Rate of GPF @ 7.9% for 2017-18 w.e.f. 1-4-17 to 30-6-17
Ministry of Finance announces for general information that during the year 2017-18, accumulation at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.9% w.e.f. 1st April, 2017 to 30th June, 2017 * F.No. 5(1)-B(PD)/2017,Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (Budget Division), New Delhi, the 18th April, 2017 * Resolution
(PUBLISHED IN PART I SECTION 1 OF GAZETTE OF INDIA)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
New Delhi, the 18th April, 2017
It is announced for general information that during the year 2017-18, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.9% (Seven point nine per cent) w.e.f. 1st April, 2017 to 30th June, 2017. This rate wil be in force w.e.f. 1st April, 2017. The funds concerned are:-
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
3. The All India Services Provident Fund.
4. The State Railway Provident Fund.
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
6. The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
7. The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
9. The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
10. The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.
The Manager, (Technical Branch)
Government of India Press, Faridabad.
Copy forwarded to all Ministries/Departments of Government of India, President’s Secretariat, Vice-President’s Secretariat, Prime Minister’s Office, Lok Sabha Secretariat, Rajya Sabha Secretariat, Cabinet Secretariat, Union Public Service Commission, Supreme Court, Election Commission and NITI Aayog.
Copy also forwarded to :—
1. Comptroller & Auditor General of India and all offices under his control.
2. Chairman, Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority.
3. Controller General of Accounts (10 copies).
4. Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances and Pension (Pension Unit/All India Services Division).
5. Financial Adviser of Ministries/Departments (6 copies).
6. Chief Controller of Accounts/Controller of Accounts of Ministries/Departments.
7. Controller General of Defence Accounts.
8. Finance Secretary of all State Governments and Union Territories.
9. Secretary to Governors/Lt. Governors of all States/Union Territories.
10. Secretary Staff Side, National Council of JCM.
11. All Members, Staff Side, National Council of JCM.
12. NIC – For uploading on webhost.
Source: www.finmin.nic.in CLICK HERE FOR SIGNED PDF