Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Personnel and Training,
Establishment (Res-l) Section, North Block, New Delhi, Dated June 1,
2017***OFFICE MEMORANDUM*** Subject: Compilation of information about
appointments made on the basis of fake/false caste certificates and follow
up action taken thereon – regarding
Subject: Compilation of information about appointments made on the
basis of fake/false caste certificates and follow up action taken
thereon – regarding
Ministries/Departments regarding appointments made on the basis of fake/
false caste certificates despite the instructions contained in the
Department’s O.M. No. 11012/1/91-Estt.(A) dated 19.05.1993, which have been
re-iterated vide O.M. No. 36011/1/2012 Estt.(Res.) dated 10.01.2013. The
instructions provide that if it is found that a Government servant had
furnished false information or produced a false certificate in order to
secure appointment, he should not be retained in service. Thus when an
appointing authority comes to know that an employee had submitted a false/
fake caste certificate, it has to initiate action to remove or dismiss such
an employee from service as per the provisions of relevant Service Rules.
/Departments about appointments made on the basis of fake/ false caste
certificates and follow up action taken thereon. Therefore, all the
Ministries /Departments are requested to collect information from all
Organisations under their administrative control about the cases where the
candidates got/ alleged to have got appointment against vacancies reserved
for Scheduled Cates, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes on the
basis of false/fake caste certificate and send a consolidated report in
this regard in the enclosed Proforma to this Department by 15.07.2017
Encls: As above.
1. The SeCretaries of all Ministries/Departments of Government of India.
2. The CVOs of all Ministries/Departments of Government of India.
3. The Chairman, Railway Board, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
4. Union Public Service Commission/Supreme“ Court of India/Election
Lok Sabha Secretariat/ Rajya Sabha Secretariat/ Cabinet Secretariat /
Vigilance Commission/ President’s Secretariat/ Vice President’s
Minister’s Office/ Niti Ayog/ Staff Selection Commission
5. National Commission for Scheduled-Caste, Lok Nayak Bhavan, New Delhi.
6. National Commission on for Scheduled Tribes, Lok Nayak Bhavan, ‘New
7. National Commission for Backward Classes, Trikoot-l, Bhikaji Cama Place,
8. Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India, 10, Bahadurshah
Marg, New Delhi – 110002.
9. CBl/ LBSNNA/ lSTM/ PESB.
10. Information and Facilitation Centre, DOPT. North Block, New Delhi.
11 NIC, for placing this O.M. in the website of the Department.