Government of lndia
Ministry of Communications & IT
Department of Tele communications
Sanchar Bhawan, 20, Ashoka Road,
New Delhi -110001
Subject: Grant of Advances – Seventh Pay Commission recommendations Amendment to Rules of Compendium of Rules on Advances to Govt. Servants reg.
The undersigned is directed to forward herewith a copy of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure O M No. 12(1)/E.II(A)/2016 dated 7th October, 2016 on the subject cited above for information /necessary action.
Encl: As above.
Assistant Director General (PAT)
1. P. S to Minister of State for Communications(IC)/MO C, New Delhi
2. Sr. PPS to Secretary (T)/Chairman, Telecom Commission, New Delhi.
3.PPS/PS to Member (T), Me mbe r(S), Me mber(F), DoT
4. PPS/PS to Director General Tele com.
5. All Advisors/Addl. Secy. /S r. DDGs /DDGs/JSs, DoT, New Delhi
6. All Advisors/S r. DDGs ofDoT field Unit.
7. Sr. DDG, TEC, Khurs hid Lal Bhawan, New Delhi
8. Sr. DDG, NTIPRIT
9. CMD, BSNL, Corporate 0 ffice, Bharat Sanchar Bhawan, New Delhi
10. CMD, MTNL, 9 CGO Complexes, 5th Floor, Lodhi Road, New Delhi
11. CMD, TCIL, New Delhi
12. CMD, BBNL, New Delhi
13. Executive Director, C-DO T/Dir. WMO, New Delhi
14. All Controllers/Jt. Controllers of Communications Accounts, DO T
15. Director (Staff), Director (SEA), DO T & Director (Civil), DoT, New Delhi
16. Dy. Security (Admin-I)/ (Admin-11V (Admin-III) & (Admin-IV), DoT
17. Director (IT), DO T for posting this circular on the web-site ofDO T
18. PAC, and all the concerned Sections, DO T, New Delhi
19. SO (Pay Bill), DoT, HQ, Sanchar Bhawan, New Delhi
20. All re cogniz ed Units/Association/Fede rations, DoT, New Delhi
21. Internal Audit Unit DoT, HQ, Sanchar Bhawan New Delhi
Government of lndia
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Subject: Grant of advances – Seventh Pay Commission recommendations – Amendment to Rules of Compendium of Rules on Advances to Governmnent Servants .
The undersigned is directed to say that in pursuance of the decision taken by the Government on the Seventh Pay Commission‘s recommendations relating to advances. all the interest free advances stand discontinued as per attached annexure. with the exception that the interest free Advances for Medical Treatment. Travelling Allowance for family of deceased. Travelling Allowance on tour or transfer and Leave Travel Concession shall be retained.
2. ln addition, the advance for training in Hindi through Correspondence Course. which is not mentioned in the. Compendium of Rules on Advances to Government Servants. also stands abolished in pursuance o’l the decrsron ot Government on 7th CPC recommendation.
3. These orders will take effect from the date of issue of this OM. The cases where the advances have already been sanctioned need not be reopened.
4. In so far as persons serving in Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
5. All the Ministries/Departments are requested to bring the amendments to the notice of all its attached and subordinate offices for their information.
Hindi version of this O.M. is enclosed.
Source: Click Here To view/download PDF