MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(RAILWAY BOARD )
New Delhi Dated: 26.12.2017
The General Managers and Principal Financial Advisers,
All Indian Railways including
Production Units etc.
Sub: Decision of the Cabinet for enhancement of age of superannuation of Dental Doctors under Ministry of Railways.
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoH&FW) vide OM No. A.12034/1/2017- CHS-V dated 30.09.2017 has communicated (i) post-facto approval of the Cabinet for enhancement of age of superannuation of doctors of Indian Railway Medical Service; (ii) approval of Cabinet for enhancement of age of superannuation of Dental doctors under Ministry of Railways to 65 years; and (iii) that Doctors shall hold the administrative post till the date of attaining the age of 62 years.
2. Accordingly, the age of superannuation of Dental Doctors under Ministry of Railways is enhanced from 60 years to 65 years.
3. Doctors shall hold administrative posts till the date of attaining the age of 62 years and thereafter their services shall be placed in Non-administrative positions.
4. Consequent upon enhancement of the age of superannuation of Dental Doctors, all Zonal Railways/Production Units are requested to review the vacancies arising from retirement in regard to direct recruitment as well as promotion so that there is no over recruitment or litigation or review DPCs because of change in “Zone of Consideration” as a result of reduction in the number of retirement vacancies.
5. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
6. Kindly acknowledge receipt.
Dy. Director Estt. (P&A)-I