Tax Return Preparer (Amendment) Scheme, 2018
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the 19th January, 2018
G.S.R. 44(E) .-In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of Section 139B of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Board of Direct Taxes hereby makes the following further amendments in the Tax Return Preparer Scheme, 2006, namely:-
1. (1) This Scheme may be called the Tax Return Preparer (Amendment) Scheme, 2018.
(2) It shall come into force from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Tax Return Preparer Scheme, 2006 (hereinafter referred to as the said Scheme), for paragraph 3, the following paragraph shall be substituted, namely:-
“3. An individual, who holds a bachelor degree from a recognised Indian University or institution, or has passed the intermediate level examination conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or the Institute of Certified Management Accountants of India, shall be eligible to act as Tax Return Preparer.”.
3. In the said Scheme, in paragraph 4,-
(1) for clause (i), the following clauses shall be substituted, namely:-
“(i) It shall invite application from persons,-
(a) having requisite educational qualifications specified in paragraph 3 or having appeared in the final year examination of the qualifying examination; and
(ia) It shall require that the application under clause (i) shall be accompanied by a fee of two hundred and fifty rupees, and failing which the application shall be invalid”.
(2) for clause (V), the following clauses shall be substituted, namely-
“(v) It shall enrol the persons who qualify the test for enrolment for each training centre separately.
(va) It shall not enrol any person under clause (V), unless
(a) he makes a deposit of an amount of seven hundred and fifty rupees, which shall be non-refundable; and
(b) he produces a proof of having passed the qualifying examination as specified in paragraph 3.”.
(3) clause (ix) shall be omitted”.
4. In the said Scheme, in paragraph 9, for sub-paragraph (1), the following sub-paragraphs shall be substituted, namely:-
“(1) The Board may authorise the Resource Centre or the Partner Organisation to disburse to a Tax Return preparer, the following amount, namely:-
(1A) The amount of disbursement for any eligible person in relation to an eligible year shall not exceed,-
Dr T. S. MAPWAL, Under Secy.
Note : The Tax Return Preparer Scheme, 2006 was published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (ii), vide notification number S.O. 2039(E), dated the 28th November, 2006 and last amended vide notification number S.O. 2819(E), dated the 22nd November, 2010. Uploaded by Dte. of Printing at Government of India Press, Ring Road, Mayapuri, New Delhi-110064 and Published by the Controller of Publications, Delhi-110054.
FOLLOW US FOR LATEST UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER
Click to get free updates on Government Orders in your inbox