Subject: – Promotion of Digital Mode of transfer of payments in CPSEs.
With a view to promote cashless transactions through various digital payment mode in CPSEs, Department of Public Enterprises has issued various instructions vide letters 7th December, 2016, 9th December, 2016, 13th January, 2017 and 23rd February, 2017. These instructions inter-alia include:
- All payments and receipts concerning CPSEs are invariably to be done through digital mode – internet banking, Cards, BHIM, UPI, USSD, Aadhar Pay etc.
- All CPSEs are required to ensure that transactions iee/MDR charges associated with payment through digital means shall not be passed on to the consumers and all such expenses shall be borne by them.
- Organizing training and awareness Camps for both regular and contractual employees to familiarize them with digital mode of financial transactions and making CPSE Campuses cashless/less-cash compliant.
- Training and awareness campaigns may also be organized for general public in proximity of CPSEs by involvement of Banks, self-help groups and appropriate NGOs.
- All administrative Ministries are requested to advice CPSEs under their administrative control to comply with the above mentioned instructions for promotion of payments by digital means in CPSEs.
2. The Compliance of the above instructions will be taken into consideration at the time of evaluation under MoU as stated under Para 14.2 (x) in DPE Guidelines No. M-03/OO17/2016-DPE(MoU) dated 12th January,2018 for MoU for the year 2017-18 & onwards regarding compliance of Department of Public Enterprises Guidelines on Digital India.
(DPE O.M. No. G-28011/16/2015-Cash. Dated 21/02/2018)
click to view/download pdf
[Source : http://www.dpe.gov.in/sites/default/files/Promotion_of_Digital_Payments_1.pdf]