7th CPC : Exercising of option for fixation of pay under CCS (RP) Rules 2016 after date of notification: Clarification by Finance Ministry
Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt-110010
All CsFA(Fys)/PCA (Fys)
उपरोक्त विषय से संबंधित रक्षा मंत्रालय डी (सिव-I) के दिनांक 06.04.2018 के आई.डी. सं.2(2)/2017-D(Civ.I) के द्वारा प्राप्त वित्त मंत्रालय/व्यय विभाग के दिनांक 19.03.2018 के आई.डी. सं.-03-03/2018-E.III.A की प्रति आपकी सूचना एवं आवश्यक कार्रवाई हेतु भेजी जाती है।
A copy of MoF/DoE ID No. 03-03/2018-E.III.A dated 19.03.2018 received under MoD/D(CiV-I) ID No. 2(2)/2017-D(CiV-I) dated 06.04.2018 on the above subject is forwarded herewith for your information and necessary action at your end.
रक्षा लेखा वरिष्ठ सहायक महानियंत्रक
Department of Defence
Subject: Implementation of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 – Exercising of option for fixation of pay
This is regarding exercising of option for fixation of pay in the revised pay structure in terms of following provisions of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016:
|Para 5||Save as otherwise provided in these rules, a Governments
servant shall draw pay in the Level in the revised pay
structure applicable to the post to which he is appointed.
|Provisio 1||Provided that a Government servant may elect to continue to
draw pay in the existing pay structure until the date on which
he earns his next or any subsequent increments the existing pay
structure or until he vacats his post or ceases to draw pay in
the existing pay structure.
|Provisio 2||Provided further that in cases where a Government servant has
been placed in a higher grade pay or scale between 1st day of
January, 2016 and the date of notification of these rules on
account of promotion or upgradation, the Government servant may
elect switch over to the revised pay structure from the date of
such promotion or upgradation, as the case may be.
2. Regarding the aforesaid provision, clarification was sought from Ministry of Finance/Dept. of Expenditure on the issue of exercising of option for fixation of pay by the government servants in 6th CPC Pay Structure till their promotion which falls after the date of notification of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 (i.e. 25.07.2016).
3. Now, MoF(DoE) have issued clarification dated 19.03.2018 (copy enclosed) wherein it has been clarified that the option for fixation of pay in the revised pay structure after the date of notification of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 i.e. 25.07.2016 cannot be exercised as Rule 5 of the said Rules provided for option only for promotion taking place upto 25.07.2016 (date of notification of the said Rules)
4. The clarification guidelines mentioned in para 3 above may please be adhered to.
MoD ID No. 2(2)/2017-D(Civ I) dated 06.04.2018
वित्त मंत्रालय/Ministry of Finance
व्यय विभाग/Department of Expenditure
Reference: Notes at p. 9-10/n of Ministry of Defence (Finance) in its File No. 12012/2/2016-AG/PB read with notes at p. 4-5/n in File No. 2(2)/2017-D(Civ.I)
MOD(Finance) may please refer to their notes at p. 9-10/n in File No.12012/2/2016-AG/PB Seeking clarification of this Department as to exercising of option for fixation of pay by the Government Servants in 6th CPC Pay Structure till their promotion which falls after the date of notification of CCS(RP) Rules 2016 (i.e. 25.7.2016).
2. The above matter has been examined in this Department. It is clarified that the option for fixation of pay in the revised pay structure after the date of notification of CCS(RP) Rules 2016 i.e. after 25.7.2016 cannot be exercised, as Rule 5 of the said Rules provides for option only for promotion taking place up to 25.07.2016 (date of notification of the said Rules).
3. This issues with the approval of Joint Secretary (Personnel).
Addl. FA(RK) & JS, Ministry of Defence, South Block, New Delhi.
MoF/DoE, I.D. No. 03-03/2018-E.III.A dated 19.03.2018, North Block, New Delhi
Source: CGDA Click here to view/download the PDF