Circular No C- 186
O/o the PCDA (P), Allahabad
(All Head of Department under Min. of Defence)
Sub: Revision of provisional pension sanctioned under Rule 69 of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972.
Copy of GOI, DP&PW OM No. 38/49/2016-P&PW (A), dated 12.02.2018, which is self explanatory, is enclosed for guidance and necessary action.
2. The following categories of pensioner are drawing provisional pension under Rule-69 of the CCS (Pension) Rules based on their pre-revised pay/pension:-
(i) Retired before 1.1.2016 and sanctioned provisional pension under Rule -69 of the CCS (Pension) Rules on account of departmental/ judicial proceedings or suspension.
(ii) Suspended before 1.1.2016 and sanctioned provisional pension under Rule 69 of CCS (Pension) Rules on retirement on or after 1.1.2016.
3. Govt. has decided that provisional pension sanctioned in the above cases may be revised w.e.f 01.01.2016 in accordance with the instructions contained in the DP&PW OM No. 38/37/2016-P&PW (A) dated 12.5.2017. Higher of the two formulations i.e. OM dated 482016 or OM dated 12.5.2017 would be the revised provisional pension w.e.f1.1.2016 in such cases.
4. It is, therefore, decided that revision in such cases will be carried out by this office by issue of Corr. PPO on the basis of document forwarded by respective HOOs. HOOs are therefore advised to provide following mandatory document/information so that revision under 7th CPC may also be carried out:-
i. Clear CTC copy of PFC under which provisional pension was initially issued by this office.
ii. Calculation sheet of Notional Pay fixtion as on 01.01.2016(in terms of 7th CPC) duly vetted by LAO/PAO.
5. In View of the above, you are also requested to issue suitable instructions (along with copy of this circular) to all the Head of Offices under your administrative control to ensure that application/ claim on the subject matter henceforth are floated in accordance with instructions given in above paras.
Addl. CDA (P)
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated the 1211] February, 2018
Sub:- Revision of provisional pension sanctioned under Rule 69 ofthc CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972
The undersigned is directed to say that in implementation of the decision taken on the recommendations ofthe 7th CPC, orders were issued vide this Departments’ OM No. 38/37/2016- P&PW(/)(ii) dated 04.08.2016 for revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners w.e.f 01.01.2016 by multiplying the prc-reviscd pension/family pension by a factor of 2.57. Subsequently, vide OM No. 38/37/2016-P&PW(A) dated 12.05.2017, it has been decided that the pension/family pension of all Central civil pensioners/family pensioners, who retired/died prior to 01.01.2016, may be revised w.e.f. 01.01.2016 by notionally fixing their pay in the pay matrix recommended by the 7th CPC in the level corresponding to the pay in the pay scale/pay band and grade pay at which they retired/died.
2. Instructions were issued vide this Department’s OM of even number dated 30.1 1.2016 for extending the benefit of OM dated 4.8.2016 to the following categories of pensioners drawing provisional pension under Rule-69 ofthe CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972.
(ii) Suspended before 1.1.2016 and sanctioned provisional pension, based on their pre- revised pay under Rule-69 of the CCS (Pension) Rules on retirement on or after 1.1.2016.
3. It has now been decided that provisional pension sanctioned in the above cases may be revised w.e.f. 1.1.2016 in accordance with the instructions contained in this Department’s OM No.38/37/2016-P&PW(A) dated 12th May, 2017. Higher of the two formulations i.e. OM dated 4.8.2016 or OM dated 12.5.2017 would be the revised provisional pension w.e.f. 1.1.2016 in such cases.
4. This issues with the approval of Department of lixpenditure, Ministry of Finanec ID No.1(21)/II-V/2016 dated 15.01.2018.
5. Hindi version will follow.
All Ministries/Departments as per standard list attached.
Source: Click here to view/download pdf