Minutes of the Meeting held on 18.06.2018 with staff side of Defence Civilian Employees under provision of ‘Additional Mechanism’
Subject :- ‘Minutes’ of the Meeting held 18.06.2018 under the Chairmanship of JS(E) to discuss the issues related to his wing as raised by the Staff Side of Defence Civilian Employees/Workers under provision of ‘Additional Mechanism’.
MOD I.D. Note No. 1(1)/2017-D(JCM) dated 22/25.06.2018.
i) MoD/D(OL) : It is requested that Hindi version of the Minutes of the above Meeting dated 18.06.2018 may be made and forwarded to D(JCM) Section urgently so that the same can be uploaded in the MoD’s website bilingually.
ii) MoD/D(IT) Section : It is requested that this may be uploaded in the Ministry’s website under “Employees Corner”, sub-section “JCM” urgently to facilitate the participants to have an easy access to the information for the meeting.
Members Staff Side
5. Shri R. Srinivasan, Gen. Secy ., INDWF
1. Revision of the Inter-grade Ratio of Artisan Staff of the MoD at par with the Railways
2. Delay in issuing of Government orders on revision of various allowances on the basis of the 7th CPC recommendations
Gist of Discussion : The information regarding financial implications as sought by DoP&Twas forwarded to it on 25.04.2018 .
Gist of Discussion: It was intimated that Lower Formations/Admn. Divisions have been requested on 17.05.2018 to send the proposal indicating the number and category of employees to be included fo r grant of Risk Allowance. The requisite information is awaited.
Gist of Discussion: It was informed that detailed note/proposal is still awaited from the Staff Side as per the decision taken in the Steering Committee Meeting dated 10.10.2017. The Staff Side intimated that the proposal has already been submitted.
3. Grant of 3rd MACP in the Grade Pay of Rs.4600 to the MCM who were holding the pre revised pay scale of Rs.4500-7000 and subsequently upgraded to Rs. 5000-8000 w.e.f. 01.01.2006 based on 6th CPC recommendations
4. Implementation of the Expert (Lt. Gen. Sabharwal) Committee’s recommendation on ‘Applicability of judgments to similarly placed employees’
5. Delay in providing the office accommodation to the staff side of the Departmental Council (JCM) at Sena Bhawan
6. Issue of Instructions to all the Directorates to hold JCM III Level Meetings
7. Delay in finalizing the outstanding issue of non-applicability of CCS (RSA) Rules to those categories of employees who are falling under the definition “Workmen”
Decision : Matter to be taken up with LA(Def) by D(JCM) for an early advice.
8. Grant of Trade Union Rights to the Chargeman and Office Superintendent categories
9. Progress in the one-time relaxation of LTC-80 cases
10. Issue of general instructions for holding of DPCs as per the latest Judgment of Hon’ble Supreme Court dated 17.05.2018
11. One time relaxation may be considered for granting compassionate appointment to all the pending cases
12. Trade Union Rights to the employees of Military Hospitals & Training Establishments
Gist of Discussion: Staff side stated that civilians posted in these establishments are not covered under Army/Navy/Air Force Act . Hence, 1972 letter should not be extended to them .
13. Providing accommodation for the Federations/CORA in New Delhi
14. Revision of Recognition of Trade Unions Rules
15. Settlement of all cadre review proposals of Defence civilian employees
16. Regularization of casual service for the employees who have served as Casual employees and subsequently regularized
17. Denial of medical facilities to the Defence civilians posted in remote areas
18. Consideration of liabilities of the deceased employee for calculating the merit points for compassionate appointment
19. Reducing the channels for considering the granting of recognition to Unions
20. Forwarding of Action Taken Reports/Updates on the points raised in JCM Meetings to all the recognized Federations/Confederation
21. All the cadre controlling authorities should upload the current position of cadre review proposals on MoD website
22. All the issues related to D(JCM), D(Apptt.), D(Lab),D(Civ-I) & D(Civ-II) raised by BPMS in earlier Departmental Council Meetings should be expedited
(b) The issue regarding nomination of a designated Nodal Officer for JCM related matter in DDP was discussed. It was decided that DDP would be requested to explore the feasibility of appointment of a nodal officer.
(c) The issue regarding issue of additional DAC passes to JCM members may be taken up directly with the Chief Security Officer, MoD.
(d) The issue regarding provision of office space in Delhi Cantt area may be taken up with MES authorities through JS (Works).