The General Manager,All Indian Railways/PUs,NF(con), CORE
Sub: Incentive Scheme for Railway Employees
Pursuant to the presentation made by the GM/NWR to full Board on 06.03.2018, recommendations of the Committee have been considered by the Board (ME,MT,MS,FC,CRB) Following key recommendations have been approved by CRB.
Presentation was made by GM/NWR to Board on 06th March 2018. Following decisions were taken:-
1. Development of E-HRMS by CRIS needs to be expedited. CRIS should consolidate the features of various applications developed by Zonal Railways and PUs. The E-HRMS should also have interface with the existing applications like IPAS, ARPAN, Nivaran etc.
2. Mobile phones of all the employees may be captured in the database of IPAS and should be used for disseminating information relevant for employee. GM/NWR may introduce it in one of the divisions.
3. Employees charter should be extended to including the other service departments like Medical, Finance, Housing, Electrical etc.
GM/NWR may finalise and adopt on NWR as a pilot.
4. Railway Residents Management Association should be formed in all major colonies, members of RRMA should necessarily be residents of those colonies.
These RRMA should decide the priorities of the works to be undertaken in the available budget for the maintenance of houses. RRMA would also finalize the priority of works for finalization under Demand-16.
RRMA should also monitor the works being carried out by the existing agencies. GM/NWR may take necessary action and advise other zones to follow these guidelines.
5. Emergency Helpline for security/fire and medical should be established at all major railway colonies.
The helpline number should be displayed at vantage points in the colonies as well as in the telephone directory.
All the zonal railways may implement this scheme.
Rehabilitation of coaches/rolling stocks is charged to Capital (PH-21), periodical major repairs to railway houses also needs to be done through planned outlay from Capital. ME mentioned that this initiative will be taken fon/vard and a concept paper will be put up for consideration of the Board shortly.
6. National Institute of Design should be asked to design “Indian Railway Brand” Badge for all officers and staff, wearing of uniform or a logo at work on one day a week.
GM/NWR may take this initiative forward.
7. Mentoring scheme should be started in Indian Railway. Officers, Supervisors and Sr. Level workers who have necessary skills to be selected as Mentors should be trained as mentors proficiently.
7.1 Each Mentors should have around 10-12 staff to look after for Mentoring.
7.2 Whenever new employees join, they should be given all necessary information through the Indian Railway Website/RRB Website giving contact details, process of medical, documents required, and forms to be filled & general information about IR etc.
7.3 Successful RRB recruits to be provided with an information booklet containing all above details. MS to decide on the format to be developed for such information booklet/brochure.
7.4 These booklets should also be printed and given to these employees as they report to the respective units.
GM/NWR may firm up modalities and implement on NWR.
8. Service records verifications must be carried out at regular intervals of 10 years. A system needs to be started for creating alerts for service record verifications of employees due retirement in next one year.
This was also approved in principle. GM/NWR may implement it on NWR. Others to follow.
9. Minimum Essential Amenities for workplaces, houses, colonies etc must be defined.
GM/NWR may further work it for a pilot on one of the locations on NWR and send the proposal to ME and MTR for consideration.
10. Contract conditions for giving hospitality contracts for Rest Houses, Holiday Homes should be modified to include the eligibility criteria for the tenderers so that only qualified hospitality chains are able to compete.
GM/NWR may implement it on NWR as a pilot.
11. Railway premises must be secured with fencing/ boundary wall along with enhanced lighting & CCTV cameras.
GM/NWR may try to do a pilot at one central location and furnish feedback.
12 Psychological counsellors may be hired on contract basis for major railway colonies for counselling of the staff and their families.
GM/NWR may do it as a pilot in one of the zonal hospital on NWR and furnish feedback.
13. Skill Gap analysis must be carried out every 5 years for all categories to identify the need of training of different categories of employees & ensure that they are abreast of the technology.
GM/NWR may do it as a pilot on NWR.
14. Employee satisfaction survey may be carried out through a professional agency to gauge the effectiveness of railway welfare skills/programmes. The future welfare inputs should be based on the employees satisfaction survey. GWNWR may do it as a pilot at NWR.