Cadre Restructuring: Injustice in Cadre Restructuring proposals of IT cadre in Railways/Production Units – NFIR urges to review the propsals
No. I/8/CRC/12/IT Dated: 08/10/2018
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Cadre restructuring of IT cadre in Railways/Production Units – injustice meted out to staff- review urged-reg.
- DC/JCM Item No. 18/2007.
- NFIR’s letter No. II/2/PART 6 dated 26/03/2015, 09/06/2015, No. II/2/Part VII dated 02/12/2015, 13/01/2016, 11/07/2016, 09/09/2016, 15/11/2016, No. I/8/CRC/l2/IT dated 24/04/2017, 01/05/2017 24/06/2017.
- Railway Board’s letter No. 2011/AC-II(CC)/37/3 (PtI) dated 22/04/2016 to NFIR.
- Railway Board’s letter No. 2016/AC-II(CC)/37/9 dated 18/04/2017 (RBE No. 45/2017).
- Railway Board’s letter No. 2018/AC-II/20/NFIR/AIRF dated 06/09/2018 addressed to GS/NFIR (item No. 3).
Federation invites kind attention of the Railway Board to item No. 3 of its letter dated 06/09/2018 addressed to GS/NFIR, vide which, the Board has conveyed that the issue relating to implementation of cadre restructuring in IT Cadre w.e.f. 01/11/2013 is already under consideration in Board’s Office. In this connection, Federation desires to reiterate following points which are vital to be considered while taking decision:-
- The cadre restructuring in IT cadre should be given effect from lst Nov 2013 similar to the Technical Supervisors for whom orders were issued vide Board’s letter dated 08/10/2013.
- Pursuant to revision of staffing pattern of EDP Centre staff, the designations of IT staff have also been revised as Jr. Engineer (IT) and SSE (IT) with GP 4200 & 4600 (6th CPC) respectively. They are required to be treated at par with the Technical Supervisors on the Railways.
- During discussions with the Railway Board in the meeting held with the Federations on 18/07/2014, it was very clearly emphasized that the date of effect of Cadre restructuring should be 01/11/2013 on the sanctioned strength.
Further to above, NFIR cites the example of Western Railway, where there are 58 vacancies out of the total IT cadre strength of 97 (as on 01/04/2017). If on roll strength is taken into account for cadre restructuring, only a few staff may get benefit, while large number continues to suffer stagnation.
NFIR, therefore, once again requests the Railway Board to consider the points brought out in the previous correspondence and also mentioned above and issue modified instructions for granting restructuring benefit on sanctioned strength with effect from 01/ l 1/2013.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah).
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah).
- Copy to the Director General (Personnel), Railway Board, New Delhi for information and necessary action please.
- Copy to the Principal Executive Director (Accounts), Railway Board, New Delhi for information and necessary action please.
- Copy to the Executive Director PC-ll, Railway Board, DFCC Building, Pragati Maidan, Metro Bhavan, New Delhi for information and necessary action please.
- Copy to the General Secretaries of affiliated Unions of NFIR (except WRMS).
- Copy to the General Secretary, WRMS, Mumbai with reference to letter No. WRMS/NFIR/GS/BCT/2018/531 dated 28/09/2018.
- Media Centre/N FIR.
- File No. II/2/Part VIII.
- File No. 18/2007 (DC)
Read also : 7th CPC: Constitution of Committee to examine classification of Railway Posts through RSRP Rules, 2016