5th CPC- Dearness Relief from July 2018 to CPF beneficiaries in receipt of Ex-Gratia Paymet.
F. No. 42/06/2018-P&PW(G)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market. New Delhi
Dated 8th Oct. 2018
Sub:- Grant of Dearness Relief in the 5th CPC series effective from 01.07.2018 to CPF beneficiaries in receipt of ex-gratia payment-reg
In continuation of this Department’s OM No. 42/06/2018-P&PW(G) dated 19.04.2018 the President is pleased to decide that the Deamess Relief w.e.f 01 .07.2018 to the CPF beneficiaries in receipt of ex-gratia payment shall be paid in the following manner:-
(i) The surviving CPF beneficiaries who have retired from service between the period 18.11.1960 and 31.12.1985. and were sanctioned ex-gratia @ Rs. 600/ p.m. w.e.f. 01.11.1997 under this Department’s OM No. 45/52/97-P&PW(E) dated 16.12.1997 and revised to Rs.3000, Rs.1000. Rs.750 & Rs.650 for Group A, B, C & D respectively w.e.f 4th June.2013 vide OM No. 1/10/2012-P&PW(E) dtd. 27th June 2013 shall be entitled to enhanced Dearness Relief from 274% to 284% w.e.f 01.07.2018.
(ii) The following categories of CPF beneficiaries who are in receipt of ex-gratia payment in terms of this Department’s OM No. 45/52/97-P&PW(E) dated 16.12.1997 shall be entitled to enhanced Dearness Relief from 266% to 276% w.e.f. 01.07.2018.
(a) The widows and eligible children of the deceased CPF beneficiary who had retired from service prior to 01.1.1986 or who had died while in service prior to 1.1.1986 and were sanctioned ex-gratia payment of Rs. 605/- p.m. and revised to Rs.645/-p.m w.e.f 4th June, 2013 vide OM No 1/10/2012-P&PW(E) dated 27th June 2013.
(b) Central Government employees who had retired on CPF benefits before 18.11.1960 and in receipt of Ex-gratia payment of Rs.654/-, Rs. 659/-, Rs.703/- and Rs. 965/-
2. Payment of DR involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
3. It will be the responsibility of the pension disbursing authorities, including the nationalized bank etc. to calculate the quantum of DR payable in each individual case.
4. In their application to the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders issue after the concurrence of O/o C&AG.
5. This issues in pursuance of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure OM No. IG/2008-E(B) dated 11th Sept, 2018.
6. Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Read also : Reservation for EWSs in Direct Recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS): Department of Posts Order