30 days Ad-hoc Bonus to Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ RPF/RPSF personnel for 2017-18
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 170/2018
New Delhi, dated 31.10.2018
The General Managers/CAOs (R),
All Indian Railways & Production Units.
(As per mailing list).
Subject : Grant of ad-hoc bonus for 30 days to the Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ RPF/RPSF personnel for the financial year 2017-2018.
The President is pleased to decide that all Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ RPF/RPSF personnel, may be granted ad-hoc bonus equivalent to 30 (thirty) days emoluments for the financial year 2017-2018, without any wage eligibility ceiling. The calculation ceiling for payment of ad-hoc Bonus under these orders shall be monthly emoluments of Rs.7000/-, as revised w.e.f 01.04.2014 vide Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure)’s OM No. 7/4/2014/E.III9A), dt. 29th August, 2016.
2. The benefit will be admissible subject to the following terms and conditions:-
- Only those Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ RPF/RPSF personnel who were in service on 31.3.2018 and have rendered at least six months of continuous service during the year 2017-18 will be eligible for payment under these orders. Pro-rata payment will be admissible to the eligible personnel for period of continuous service during the year from six months to a full year, the eligibility period being taken in terms of number of months of service (rounded off to the nearest number of months).
- The quantum of Non-PLB (ad-hoc bonus) will be worked out on the basis of average emoluments/calculation ceiling whichever is lower. To calculate Non-PLB (ad-hoc bonus) for one day, the average emoluments in a year will be divided by 30.4 (average number of days in a month). This will thereafter be multiplied by the number of days of bonus granted. To illustrate, taking the calculation ceiling of Rs.7000/- (where actual average emoluments exceed Rs. 7000), Non-PLB (ad-hoc bonus) for thirty days would work out to Rs.7000 x 30/30.4 = Rs.6907.89 (rounded off to Rs.6908/-)
- All payments under these orders will be rounded off to the nearest rupee.
- Various points regarding regulation of Ad-hoc/Non-PLB Bonus are given in the Annexure.
- All the Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ RPF/RPSF personnel, regardless of whether they are in uniform or out of uniform and regardless of place of their posting, shall be eligible only for ad-hoc bonus in terms of these orders.
3. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
4. Hindi version is enclosed.