DoPT: Standard Forms for intimation/permission under Rule 18 – CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964 | Transaction of Immovable/ Movable Propert – reg.
F. No. 11013/ 2/ 2018-Estt.A-III
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment A-III Desk
North Block, New Delhi – 110001
Dated 17 December, 2018
Subject: Rule 18 of the CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964- regarding standard forms for intimation/ permission under the rules and expenditure incurred on repairs or minor construction work in respect of immovable property – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that in accordance with the provisions of sub rule (2) of the Rule 18 of the CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964, all Government servants coming within the purview of these Rules are required to make a report to the prescribed authority before entering into any transaction of immovable property in their own name or in the name of a member of family. If the transaction is with a person having any official dealings with the Government servant, the Govt. servant is required to obtain prior sanction of the prescribed authority. Sub-rule (3), ibid provides that all Govt. servants should give an intimation to the prescribed authority within one month of entering into any transaction of movable property, the value of which exceeds the monetary limits prescribed in that Rule. In case any such transaction is with a person having official dealing with the Government servant, prior sanction of the prescribed authority is necessary. All requests for obtaining prior sanction and making intimation about transactions in immovable and movable property may be made in the enclosed standard Form I and Form II, respectively.
2. Further, this Department’s O.M. No. 11013/9/89-Estt.(A) dated 27/11/1990 provides, inter-alia, that where the expenditure incurred on repairs or minor constructions work in respect of any immovable property belonging to a Government servant is estimated to exceed Rs. 10,000/ -, intimation to the prescribed authority was necessary. These instructions have been reviewed and in supersession of the said O.M., it has now been decided that in respect of the expenditure incurred on repairs and minor additions to an immovable property by a Government servant, an intimation shall be necessary to be given to the prescribed authority only if the estimate exceeds the limit prescribed in Rule 18(31) of CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964. However, prior sanction of the prescribed authority should be obtained in all cases regardless of amount involved, where the transaction regarding the material purchases or contract for such repairs or minor construction, is with a person with whom the Government servant concerned has official dealings.
3. All Ministries/ Departments/Offices are requested to bring the above guidelines to the notice of all administrative authority under their control.
4. In so far as the employees of Indian Audit and Accounts Departments are concerned, this O.M. issues after consultation with Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
The Secretaries of All Ministries / Departments(as per the standard list)
- President’s Secretariat, New Delhi.
- Vice-President’s Secretariat, New Delhi.
- The Prime Minister’s Office, New Delhi.
- Cabinet Secretariat, New Delhi.
- Rajya Sabha Secretariat/Lok Sabha Secretariat, New Delhi.
- The Comptroller and Auditor General oflndia, New Delhi.
- The Secretary, Central Vigilance Commission
- The Secretary, Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi.
- The Secretary, Staff Selection Commission, New Delhi.
- All attached offices under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances
- National Commission for Scheduled Castes, New Delhi.
- National Commission for Scheduled Tribes, New Delhi.
- National Commission for OBCs, New Delhi.
- Secretary, National Council UCM), 13, Feroze Shah Road, New Delhi.
- CVOs of all Ministries / Departments.
- ADG (M&C], Press Information Bureau, DoP&T
- NIC, Department of Personnel & Training, North Block, New Delhi
[for uploading the same on the website of this Ministry under the under the
Head Notifications > OMs Orders > Establishment > CCS (Conduct) Rules &
- Hindi Section, DoP&T
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Form I – Intimation or seeking previous sanction – Transaction of Immovable Property – CCS Conduct Rules – Word & PDF
Form II – Intimation or seeking previous sanction – Transaction of Movable Property – CCS Conduct Rules – Download Word & PDF