7th CPC PCDA Circular: Revision of pension wef 01.01.2006 of Pre-2006 pensioners who retired from the 5th CPC scale of Rs. 6500-10500/-
O/o The Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pension),
Draupadighat, Allahabad – 211014
The Treasury Officer
The PO- Master, Kathua, Srinagar (J&K)
The PO- Master, Campbell Bay (Andman & Nicobar)
The Defence Pension Disbursing Officer
Pay & Accounts Officer
Military & Air Attache, Indian Embassay, Kathmandu, Nepal (through Gorkha
Record Officer, Kurnaghat, Gorakhpur)
Director of Accounts, Panji (Goa)
Finance Secretary, Gangtok, PO-I, Thimpu Bhutan
The General Manager (Nodal Officer, PSBs)
All Managers, CPPC of Public Sector Banks.
All Managers, CPPC of Authorized Private Banks.
Sub:- Revision of pension wef 01.01.2006 of Pre-2006 pensioners who retired from the 5th CPC scale of Rs. 6500-10500/-.
Ref: – This office Circular No.102, dt. 11.02.2013 & C-144 dt.14.08.2015.
Please refer to above cited circulars under which DP&PW OM F. No. 38/37/08-P&PW (A) dt. 28.01.2013 & 38/37/08-P&PW (A) dt. 30.07.2015 were circulated. In the ibid OM dated 28.01.2013 of Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare, the grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale of Rs. 6500- 10500 was shown as Rs.4200/- and the minimum pension in terms of para 4.2 of the OM dated 01.09.2008 was shown as Rs.8145/- (50% of minimum pay of Rs.16,290/- as per fitment table for the pre-revised scale of pay of Rs.6500- 10500,annexed to Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure’s OM No.1/1/2008-IC dated 30th August,2008).
2. Order were issued vide Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure’s OM No. 1.1.2008-IC dated 13.11.2009 that the posts which were in the pre-revised scale of Rs.6500-10500 as on 01.01.2006 and which were granted the normal replacement pay structure of grade pay of Rs.4200/- in the pay band PB-2, will be granted grade pay of Rs.4600/- in the pay band PB-2 corresponding to the pre- revised scale of Rs.7450-11,500 wef 01.01.2006.
3. Representations have been received in Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions, Deptt. of P&PW for extending the benefit of grade pay of Rs.4600/- for revision of pension/family pension, wef 01.01.2006, in respect of Pre-2006 pensioners who retired/died in the 5th CPC scale of Rs.6500-10500/- or equivalent pay scale in the earlier Pay Commission periods. The matter regarding the amount of minimum pension/family pension in terms of para 4.2 of the OM dated 01.09.2008 in their case has been re-examined in the light of the orders issued by Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) vide their OM No. 1/1/08-IC dated 13.11.2009 and decisions of courts in certain cases. It has been observed that pay of all serving employees in the pre-revised pay sale of Rs.6500-10500/- has been fixed wef 01.01.2006 in the grade pay of Rs.4600/-. Therefore, the grade pay of Rs.4600/- can be considered as the grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale of Rs.6500-10500/-.
4. Accordingly GOI, DP&PW has been decided vide OM No.38/33/12-P&PW(A) dt.04.01.2019 that, for the purpose of revision of pension/family pension wef 01.01.2006 under para 4.2 of the OM dated 01.09.2008, the Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/- may be considered as the corresponding Grade pay in the case of pre- 2006 pensioners who retired/died in the 5th CPC scale of Rs.6500-10500/- or equivalent pay scale in the earlier Pay Commission periods.
5. In accordance with the provisions of Rule 7 of the CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008, the pay corresponding to the pay of Rs.6500/- in the pre-revised pay scale of Rs.6500-10500/- would be Rs.12090/- in the PB-2. After adding the grade pay of Rs.4600/-, the pay in the Pay Band+Grade Pay corresponding to the pay of Rs.6500/- in the pre-revised pay scale of Rs.6500-10500 would be Rs.16690/- (12090+4600). Accordingly, the revised pension wef 01.01.2006 in terms of para 4.2 of OM dated 01.09.2008, for the pre-2006 pensioners who retired from the pay scale of Rs. 6500-10500/- in the 5th CPC or equivalent pay scales in the earlier Pay Commissions would be Rs. 8345/-. Accordingly the entries at serial number 13 in the annexure of DP&PW OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW (A) dated 28.01.2013 may be substituted by the entries shown in the statement annexed to this OM. (Circulated vide this office Circular No. 102 dt. 11.02.2013)
6. As provided in DP&PW OM dated 28.01.2013, in case the consolidated pension/family pension calculated as per para 4.1 of DP&PW OM No. 38/37/08- P&PW (A) dated 01.09.2008 is higher than the pension/family pension calculated in the manner indicated above, the same (higher consolidated pension/family pension) will continue to be treated as basic pension/family pension.
7. It is requested that suitable instructions alongwith a copy of this Circular may please be issued to all sub offices under your administrative control for implementation of the above Government order.
(Sushil Kumar Singh)