Payment of fees directly via NEFT/RTGS instead of Bharatkosh – Finmin Clarification
Ministry of Finance, Department of’ Expenditure
Office of the Controller General of Accounts
(I.T. Division ) Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan
GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi
Dated : 15/02/2019
- Subject: Clarification regarding Payment of fees directly via NEFT/RTGS instead of Bharatkosh.
Reference is invited to cases from Ministries/ Departments where user directly deposited money into either PAO’s Physical Receipt Account or EFPB Receipt Account without using NTR Portal.
In this regard, it is clarified that:-
1. Since the provisions of the CAM clearly states that the deposit in the Government Account will be accepted along-with the challans, PAOs of all Ministries/ Departments should take up the matter with concerned accredited banks for putting in placed the validations for not accepting the amount through NEFT/RTGS in PAOs account, other than deposit through Non-Tax Receipt Portal, else this will lead to reconciliation issues.
2. For rectification of the error where amount was directly deposited in PAO’s Physical Receipts Account via NEFT/ RTGS, case may be dealt according to Para 5.2.1 of Civil Account Manual, which states that if challan is missing, the amount may be booked under the sub-head ‘Receipt Awaiting Transfer’ in the accounts. On receipt of the challan, the entry under the head ‘Receipts Awaiting Transfer’ would be cleared by accounting the same under the relevant receipt head of account. Challan will be prepared by PAOs/DDOs on the basis of the information made available by the Department/Bank..
3. For rectification of the error where amount was directly deposited in PAO’s E-focal point branch Receipt Account via NEFT/ RTGS, PAO may ask their E-FPB bank branch to provide the physical scrolls to the PAO and remit the amount to RBI. The challan may be prepared by PAO/DDO for classifying the amount under correct Head of Account.
Accounts Officer (ITD)
1. Pr. CCAs/CCAs/ CAs of all Ministries/ Departments
1. PS to Jt. CGA (ITD)
2. PPS to Jt. CGA (GBA & TA)
3. The Sr.AO (ITD with request to upload the OM on the official website of CGA.