- All Chief Postmasters General/ Postmasters General
- Chief General Manager, BD Directorate/Parcel Directorate/ PLI Directorate
- Director RAKNPA/ GM CEPT/ Directors of All PTCs,
- Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, R.K. Puram, New Delhi
- All General Managers (Finance)/ DAP/ DDAP
Sub: Regulation of LTC claims when portion of journey are performed by
private transport – Regd.
This Directorate has sought clarification from the Nodal Ministry regarding reimbursement of LTC claims where a part of the journey (be it in the
beginning, middle or end) has been performed by the Government servant by unauthorized
mode of transport (private bus/private taxi etc.) and rest of the journey to the
declared place of visit by authorized mode of transport.
that cases where a Government servant travels on LTC upto the nearest
airport/railway station/bus terminal by authorized mode of transport and undertakes rest of
the journey to the declared place of visit by private transport/ own
arrangement (such as personal vehicle or private taxi etc.), may be dealt with as follows:-
claim is submitted have indeed travelled upto the declared place of visit.
servant will be reimbursed the fare admissible for journey by otherwise entitled
mode of public transport from the nearest airport/railway station/bus terminal to
the declared place of visit by shortest direct route.
of journey, the Government servant may be reimbursed as per his entitlement for journey
on transfer for a maximum limit of 100 kms covered by the private/personal
transport based on a self-certification from the Government servant. Beyond this, the expenditure shall be borne by the Government servant.
from the source/destination to the nearest railhead/airport or vice-versa, as the
case may be, has been performed by a private/personal mode of transport while the major
part of the journey from the nearest railhead/airport has been performed by the
authorized mode of transport.
3. Taking into account the advice of the Nodal Ministry in this regard,
action may kindly be taken in similar cases only on the basis of the above advice and
in any case of deviation from the above, the advice of the Directorate may be sought
- PPS to Secretary (Posts)/ PS to Director General Postal Services.
- Addl. DG (Co-ordination)/ Member (P)/ Member (O)/
- Member (PLI)/ Member (Banking)/ Member (Tech)/ Member (Plg & HRD)
- AS & FA
- Sr. DDG (Vig) & CVO/ Sr. DDG (PAF)/ Director General P&T (Audit)
- Secretary, Postal Services Board
- Chief Engineer (Civil) Postal Directorate
- Budget Section/ PA Wing/ STT Section of Postal Directorate
- All other Sections of Postal Directorate
- All recognized Federations/ Unions/ Associations
- GM, CEPT for uploading the order on the India Post website
- Guard File/Spare Copies.
Source: click to view/download signed order