Appointment of MTS, Postman, Mail Guard, Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant – Revision of Syllabus and Pattern of Examinations: Deptt. of Posts
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
Dated: 10th May, 2019
1. All Chief Postmasters General / Postmasters General
2. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
3. Director, RAKNPA / GM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
4. Addl Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi
5. All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
Subject: Revision of Syllabus and Pattern of Examinations conducted by Department of Posts for appointment to the posts of Multi Tasking Staff (MTS), Postman, Mail Guard, Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant – regarding
I am directed to refer to letter No. 60-10/2011-SPB-I dated 10.03.2011 and letter No. 45-14/2012-SPB-I dated 17.01.2014 on the pattern and syllabus of examination(s) conducted for filling up of the vacancies of Multi Taking Staff (MTS), Postman, Mail Guard, Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant. The Competent Authority has approved to revise the pattern and syllabus of the examinations as under:-
2. All the examinations will be held without the aid of books.
3. The syllabus of examination includes a component to test the knowledge of local language of a candidate. The list of local languages, Postal Circlewise, is at Annexure E.
4. Revised pattern, syllabus and local language mentioned herein shall come into force from the date of issue of this communication and will be applicable to all examinations thereafter.
5. It is requested that the revised syllabus and pattern may be brought to the notice of all concerned .
Assistant Director General (SPN)
Encl: As above
Source: Click to view/download the PDF