Revised rate of Uniform Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance and Washing Allowance for RPF/RPSF personnel | 6th & 7th CPC
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 84/2019
PC-VI No. 396
New Delhi, dated 27.05.2019
The General Managers and PFAs,
All Indian Railways & Production Units.
Sub : Implementation of recommendations of VI Central Pay Commission – Revision of rates of Uniform Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance and Washing Allowance in respect of RPF/RPSF personnel.
1. In terms of Board’s letter No. E(P&A)I-2008/ALL/RPF-3 dated 06.02.2009 on the cited subject, Kit Maintenance Allowance @ Rs. 300/- p.m. was provided for Group ‘A’ officers of RPF/RPSF.
2. It has now been decided to extend the benefits of above mentioned Kit Maintenance Allowance to Group ‘A’ officers of RPF/RPSF promoted on ad-hoc basis from Inspectors also, at the same rate which is admissible to regular Group ‘A’ officers of RPF/RPSF for the 6th CPC period i.e. from 01.09.2008 to 30.06.2017.
3. The rates of Kit Maintenance Allowance increase by 25% every time the Dearness Allowance payable on revised pay scales goes up by 50%. In view of this, the rates of Kit Maintenance Allowance are Rs. 375/- p.m. w.e.f. 01.01.2011 and Rs. 450/- p.m. w.e.f. 01.01.2014.
4. This Allowance shall be payable till 30.06.2017, since instructions for subsuming this Allowance into a single Dress Allowance w.e.f. 01.07.2017 have been issued vide Board’s letter No. PC-VII/2017/I/7/5/7 dated 03.10.2017 on the recommendations of 7th CPC and acceptance of Government thereto.
5. Other terms & conditions as mentioned in Board’s letter No. E(P&A)I-2008/ALL/RPF-3 dated 06.02.2009 will remain unchanged.
6. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
7. Please acknowledge receipt.