CGHS : Refusal to provide treatment to bonafide CGHS beneficiaries in emergency on credit basis would attract disqualification for continuation of empanelment – MoH&FW’s OM dated 13.09.2019
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 108
Dated: the 13th September, 2019
Subject: Emergency treatment in CGHS empanelled Hospitals.
The extant instructions under CGHS provide that under emergency conditions, a CGHS beneficiary can get admission in any CGHS empanelled Hospital without any prior permission. It has, however, been brought to the notice that the Hospitals deny admission or insist on referral memo from CGHS Wellness Centre even in emergency conditions.
2. In accordance with the Memorandum of Agreement between the CGHS empanelled Hospital and the Government of India, refusal to provide treatment to bonafide CGHS beneficiaries in emergency cases and other eligible categories of beneficiaries on credit basis, without valid ground, would attract disqualification for continuation of empanelment.
3. It is, therefore, reiterated that in emergency the empanelled hospitals will not refuse admission or demand an advance payment from the CGHS beneficiary or his family member and will provide credit facilities to the patient.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
(Tel: 011 – 2306 1883)
- All Ministries/Departments, Government of India
- PPS to Secretary (H&FW)/Secretary (AYUSH)/Secretary (HR)/ Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- PPS to DGHS/S&DG (CGHS)/AS&FA/AS&MD, NRHM/AS(H), MoHFW, New Delhi
- Director, CGHS, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
- All Addl. Directors/Joint Directors of CGHS cities outside Delhi
- Rajya Sabha/Lok Sabha Secretariat, New Delhi
- Registrar, Supreme Court of India, New Delhi
- U.P.S.C. Dholpur House, New Delhi
- Office of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, Pocket-9, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg, New Delhi.
- Hospital Empanelment Cell, CGHS, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi – for circulating the same to all the empaneled Hospitals/ diagnostic centres
- Integrated Finance Division, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
- Deputy Secretary (Civil Service News), Department of Personnel & Training, 5th Floor, Sardar Patel Bhawan, New Delhi
- Shri Shiv Gopal Mishra, Secretary, Staff Side, 13-D, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi
- All Staff Side Members of National Council (JCM)
- ED(H)/Planning, Railway Board, Ministry of Railways, Rail Bhawan, Rafi Marg, New Delhi – 110001
- Central Organisation, ECHS, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi
- Chairman, Employees State Insurance Corporation, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Panchdeep Bhawan, C.I.G. Marg, New Delhi-110002
- UTI-ITSL, 153/1, First Floor, Old Madras Road, Ulsoor, Bengaluru- 560008.
- Sr. Technical Director, NIC, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi with the request to upoad this OM on the Ministry’s website under the link of CS (MA) Rules – OMs and Circulars
- Hindi Section, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi for providing Hindi version of this OM.
- Guard file.