DoPT: Time Frame for submission of Cadre Review proposals in r/o Central Group ‘A’ Services – O.M. dated 1.10.2019
F. No. I.11019/9/2018-CRD
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market,
New Delhi, Dated 1/10/2019
Sub: Calendar for Cadre Review of Central Group ‘A’ Services
The undersigned is directed to say that in terms of this Department’s OM No. I.11011/1/2019-CRD dated 14/12/2010, the ideal periodicity of cadre review is 5 years. Despite the said instructions and repeated reminders, it has been observed that the said periodicity is not followed.
2. With the objective to get the cadre review completed for all the services, this Department had issued a calendar for cadre review for year 2018 vide OM of even No. dated 25/5/2018 with the direction that the same may be followed strictly within the time frame given in the said OM. However, cadre review proposals of many of the services listed therein have yet to be received.
3. In view of the above, the Department has prepared a calendar (Annexure) for 2019-20 for cadre review of all the Central Group ‘A’ Services, where the cadre review is due, for strict compliance. The months and year mentioned in the calendar is the time frame within which the cadre review proposal should be submitted by the Cadre Controlling Authorities to DoPT positively. The services required to submit their proposal as per calendar of 2018 are hereby given a last opportunity to submit the proposal failing which necessary action, as deemed fit, would be taken.
4. Other services which have not been mentioned in the calendar and the cadre review is not due, the Cadre Controlling Authority may submit their proposal in accordance with Cadre Review Guidelines, as and when they feel that the cadre review is required but not later than the ideal periodicity.
5. It is reiterated that any proposal for addition in cadre strength of Central Group ‘A’ Services (creation, encadrement, upgradation, merger etc.) must be routed through DoPT as reiterated in this Department’s OM No. I. 11019/17/2016-CRD dated 15/2/2017.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
All the concerned Cadre Controlling Authorities of Central Group ‘A’ Services
1. Ministry of Finance, Deptt. of Expenditure( Attn: Mrs. Annie G. Mathew, AS (Pers)), North Block, New Delhi.
2. Estt. (RR), DoPT, North Block, New Delhi.
|Defence Research and Development Service*||Indian Foreign Service*||Indian Economic Service*||Indian Statistical Service||Indian Information Service*||Indian
|Indian Meteorological Service*||Indian Legal Service*||Central Engineering Service (CPWD)*|
|Central Water Engineering Service*||Indian Corporate Law Service*||Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service
|Medical cadre of BSF*||Central Geological Service Group ‘A’ *||Central Architect Service (CPWD)*|
|Medical Cadre of ITBP*||Geological Survey of India Chemical Service Group ‘A’ *||Indian Revenue Service (C&CE)*|
|Medical Cadre of CRPF*||Geological Survey of India Geophysical Service Group ‘A’ *||Indian Revenue Service*|
|Defence Quality Assurance Service*||Geological Survey of India Engineering Service Group ‘A’ *||Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Military Engineering
|Indian Radio Regulatory Service*|
|Central Labour Service*|
|Indian Ordnance Factories Service|
|Central Power Engineering Service|
|Indian Cost Accounts Service*|
(* Last opportunity are being given for submission of cadre review proposal)
Source: DoPT (click here to view/download the signed pdf)