Grant of paid holiday on the day of poll in Haryana and Maharashtra on 21.10.2019 (Monday) – DoPT OM
F. No. 12/3/2016-JCA-2
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Establishment (JCA-2) Section
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 7th October, 2019
Subject: General Election to the Legislative Assemblies of Haryana and Maharashtra, on 21.10.2019 (Monday) – grant of paid holiday to employees on the day of poll -regarding.
The undersigned is directed to state that as informed by the Election Commission of India, vide their letter No. 78/EPS /2019/924 dated 30.09.2019, General Election will be held in the following Legislative Assemblies :
|S. No.||Legislative Assemblies||Date/Day|
2. In this regard, it is stated that the guidelines issued by this Department vide OM No. 12/14/99-JCA, dated 10.10.2001 regarding closure of Government Offices and, grant of paid holiday, may be followed by all the Central Government Offices, including the industrial establishments of the concerned State.
3. The above instructions may please be brought to the notice of all concerned.
4. Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
1. All Ministries/Departments of Government of India.
2. UPSC/ CVC / C&AG / Lok Sabha Secretariat / Rajya Sabha Secretariat/President’s Secretariat / Vice President’s Secretariat / PM’s Office /Supreme Court/High Court of Haryana and Maharashtra / Central Administrative Tribunal.
3. All attached and subordinate offices of Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions/ MHA.
4. Secretary, Staff Side, National Council (JCM), 13-C, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi
5. Chairmen/Secretaries, Central Government Employees Welfare Coordination Committee, in the State Capital of Haryana and Maharashtra.
6. National Commission for Scheduled Castes/National Commission for Scheduled Tribes/ National Commission for Backward Classes :
7. The Chief Secretary of the State Government of Haryana and Maharashtra
8 The Election Commission of India, New Delhi – w.r.t. letter no.78/EPS/2019/924 dated 30.09.2019
Source: DoPT (click here to view/download the signed pdf)