Digital Life Certificate (DLC)
- various Citizen Service Centre (CSC ) located across India
- office of Pension Disbursing Agencies (PDA) such as Post Office, Banks, Treasury etc
- It can also be generated from home/any location on a Windows PC/Laptop (ver 7 & above) or Android Mobile ( KitKat & above ),
What is required, if I want to generate DLC on my PC/Laptop/Mobile?
- A STOC certified Biometric Device is required.
- ‘RD Service’ of the Biometric Device being used should be installed on the PC/Laptop/mobile.
- The ‘JeevanPramaan Application’ has to be installed on your PC/mobile. It can be downloaded from the ‘Download’ tab from https://ieevanpramaan.gov.in portal.
- An Internet Connection is required.
- Pensioner visits a CSC or office of PDA
- He/She provides the required information to the operator. The operator feeds/enters this information into the system i.e JeevanPramaan Application
- The pensioner has to then provide his/her biometrics by placing his/her finger on the finger print scanner or eye in front of the Iris scanner.
- On successful aadhaar based biometric authentication, JeevanPramaan is generated with a unique id called Pramaan Id.
- An acknowledgement message quoting the Pramaan Id is sent as an SMS to the mobile number provided by the pensioner.
Note – The JeevanPramaan/DLC thus generated is subject to approval of the Pension Sanctioning/Disbursing Authority as provided by the pensioner.
Do I have to submit the Jeevan Pramaan i.e DLC to my bank/post office etc?