DoP : Option of Postal Circles from candidates for appointment as Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant – List of Postal Circles, Vacancies position and Application Form
F. No. 04-11/2019-SPN-I
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi, dated 27.12.2019
Seeking Preference of Postal Circles from candidates recommended by Staff Selection Commission, on the basis of CHSLE-2017 for appointment as Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant.
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has published the results of Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination (CHSLE),2017 on 20.12.2019 recommending candidates for appointment as Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant in Department of Posts in Level-4 of the Pay Matrix. List of selected candidates compiled from the results published by SSC in its official website is at Annexure-I. Candidates are requested to bring the discrepancies, if any, found in the list to the notice of Department of Posts by email to email@example.com. The subject of such e-mail shall read as ‘Discrepancy’ and details of discrepancies are to be recorded in the body of the e-mail. In no case, discrepancy and option shall be sent in the same e-mail.
2. A candidate will be allocated to one of the 23 Postal Circles, for appointment as Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant, list of which is at Annexure-II. Thereafter, the respective Postal Circle, where a candidate is allocated, will take action for completion of other procedural requirements leading to issue of offer of appointment. Allocation of Postal Circle will be made as per the following criteria:
(a) A candidate shall be allocated to a Postal Circle on the basis of her / his merit (rank) in CHSLE 2017, order of preference (option) of Postal Circles, and vacancy available in a Postal Circle at her / his turn in the category she / he has been selected. [Note: A candidate belonging to OBC/SC/ST category selected under unreserved category shall be allocated Postal Circle in the order of preference where unreserved vacancy is available at his /her turn.]
(b) Person with disability (PWD) candidates irrespective of their ranks will be allocated Postal Circle in the manner indicated at (a) first followed by Ex-serviceman candidates.
(c) After allocation of Circles to PWD candidates and Ex-serviceman candidates as per (b) above, remaining candidates will be allocated Postal Circles in the manner mentioned in (a) above.
(d) A candidate who does not give any order of preference or is not allocated to any of the Postal Circle(s) mentioned in the limited preferences, shall be allocated to nearby Postal Circle from her / his home state subject to availability of vacancy in the category she/ he has been selected, after allocation of Postal Circles to all other candidates. [Note: If Home State is not indicated while exercising order of preference or the candidate choose not to exercise order of preference, State mentioned in address of communication in the dossier sent by SSC shall be treated as Home State. Further, to decide the nearest Postal Circle, road distance between capital of Home State and Headquarter of the Postal Circle shall be taken into consideration. For example, if home state is Bihar and vacancies are available in Karnataka, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu Postal Circle, than shortest distance between Patna and Bangalore / Mumbai / Chennai shall be taken into consideration.]
3. The Postal Circle-wise and category-wise vacancies are enclosed at Annexure-III for information. The candidates who will not give their order of preference or indicate their preference only for a few Postal Circles will be at a disadvantage, as mentioned at para 2(d) above. Therefore, it is advised to give order of preference for all the 23 Postal Circles.
4. Since the official communication has not been received from SSC about the status of individual candidature, the entire procedure will be based upon the assumption that nomination will be confirmed by SSC soon. In case, result / candidature is not confirmed by SSC there will have no claim over Joining as Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant in Department of Posts.
5. All candidates recommended by SSC for appointment as Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant are requested to indicate their preference of Postal Circle in Annexure-IV in the manner outlined in the Annexure-II indicating name of Postal Circles. The duly filled-in Option Form (Annexure-IV) must be sent by E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and an ink-signed copy may be sent by speed post/registered post to the address mentioned in Annexure-II latest by 27th January, 2020, failing which it would be presumed that there is no preference for Postal Circle. The subject of the email should be roll number followed by name. For example, if Roll No. is 3201564871 and name is Amit Kumar, than subject of the email should be ‘3201564871 Amit Kumar’.
6. Order of preference received after 27.01.2020 will be taken into consideration only at the sole discretion of the Department of Posts.
Encl: As above
(Satya Narayana Dash)
All selected candidates of Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination, 2017, recommended by Staff Selection Commission, for appointment to the posts of Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant in Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications.
Copy To: GM (CEPT), Mysore for uploading this communication alongwith its enclosures on the India Post website.
List of Postal Circles and number of vacancies
Please indicate preference for all 23 Postal Circles where vacancies are available as under:
|S.No.||Name of the Postal Circle||Total vacancies available in the Circle|
|9||Jammu & Kashmir||30|
Instructions for candidates:
- The submission of options / preferences of all 23 Circles is necessary. If a candidate does not indicate any option / preference or submit limited options / preferences, Postal Circle will be allocated as mentioned in para 2(d) mentioned in covering letter.
- The candidate must send the duly filled-in Option/Preference Form by e-mail and an ink-signed copy to the following postal address, by Speed Post / registered post by 27th January, 2020:
Assistant Director General (SPN),
Department of Posts,
Ministry of Communications,
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi- 110001
VACANCY POSITION OF POSTAL ASSISTNT / SORTING ASSISTANT
|S.No.||Name of Circle||Vertical Vacancies||Horizontal Vacancies|
|UR||SC||ST||OBC||TOTAL||PH-I (VH)||PH-II (HH)||PH-III (OH)||EX.SM|
Source: Doptt. of Post