Options from Senior Administrative Grade(SAG) officers of Indian Postal Service (IPoS), Group ‘A’ for their postings on rotational transfer.
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
Ail CPMsG/CGM BD&M,,Parcel& PLI Directorate/
Director, RAKNPA/AII Director PTC/
All SAG/JAG Officers of IPoS working in Postal Dte.
Subject: Inviting options from Senior Administrative Grade(SAG) officers of Indian Postal Service(IPoS), Group ‘A’ for their postings on rotational transfer.
With reference to the subject above, this Directorate is receiving phone calls mentioning therein that options for rotational transfer from Senior Administrative Grade(SAG) officers of Indian Postal Service (IPoS), Group ‘A’ has not been called by the Postal Directorate. In this reference, the undersigned is directed to draw attention to this office letter of even number dated 05.12.2018, wherein in para 4 it was mentioned that “from this year onwards, this information will be submitted by the officers by themselves as and when they become due for transfer as per the transfer policy for the officers of Indian Postal Service(IPoS), Group ‘A’.
2. It appears that somewhere these instructions have been overseen, therefore this office intends to seek the options from SAG officers of PoS Group ‘A’ for their posting on rotational transfer.
3. In this regard, OM No. 4-9/2011-SPG dated 04.04.2011 and subsequent OMs dated 29.03.2012 and 16.01.2017 regarding Transfer Policy for the officers of IPoS Group ‘A’ may please be referred. Further, Vigilance Division vide note No. 4-7/2009-Vig. Dated 08.03.2018 has identified sensitive and non-sensitive posts in the Department of Posts.
4. As per the above OM, the crucial date of computing completion or otherwise of the tenure is 1st September. The tenure of an officer who joins on 1st September or before will be considered in April of the year in which he completes the tenure. Officers joining after the 1st of September will be considered in the next annual transfer.
5. In view of the above, you are requested to advice all the SAG officers of IPoS, Group ‘A’ who are due for rotational transfer during the year 2020 and are covered under the Transfer Policy, to prefer their transfer requests in the prescribed format (enclosed).
6. The request may also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 17th February, 2020.
This may kindly be accorded Top Priority.
GM(CEPT)- With a request to upload the letter on India Post Website for information of all the officers of Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.